I am 23 today, so it is time to write down my goals for this year. 22 was a very interesting year, completely life altering.The end of a 3 year relationship, stepping away from Christianity, traveling in Europe, shifting political beliefs, quitting a 4 year job, moving to Laguna, but the truth is, this is just the beginning. When you are on the path to truly find yourself, things can get messy. Hearts are broken and mended, friends are made and lost, but ultimately, at the end of the day you have to look out for number one, because no one else will. This next year I am sure is going to be crazy, full of hard decisions, graduating, traveling, applying for and (hopefully) getting into a grad school, moving, and completely redefining who I am in this new role as an independent adult. So here is to a new year, full of endless possibilities. Cheers!
1. I will live each and everyday as it comes to me.
2. Every once in a while I will read for pleasure and not just for knowledge
3. I will make more of an effort to meet new people and maintain my friendships
4. I will be a nomadic traveler, and work to extend my trip for 3 months.
5. I will be frugal with my money.
6. I will not be so consumed my material possessions
7. I will limit the time devoted to Facebook
8. I will be proactive in seeking out funding and educational opportunities.
9. I will learn a new language
10. I will do everything in my power to get into grad school
11. If I don’t get in, I will take it in stride and work to move to Europe.
12. I will work to build a stronger relationship with my sister.
13. I will maintain a healthy diet
14. I will begin exercising regularly